Your body is, actually, amazing!
Did you know this about the average person?
- on average drink 70,000 cups of coffee
- spend 29.75% of our lives sitting down
- spend 41% of our lives staring at a screen (eg phone, tv, tablet, etc)
- laugh 481 760 times
- spend 1 765 days socialising with family and friends
- spend 3 months of our life on the toilet
- walk 120 000km (over 3 times around the world)
- yawn about 250 000 times
This list could go on.
As could a list about the amazing things your body does…
- your heart will beat 3 363 840 000 times
- your nose can remember 50 000 different scents
- the ear and nose never stop growing
- an adult is made up of 7 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 atoms…there’s 300 billion stars in our galaxy
- a full head of human hair is strong enough to support 12 tonnes
- the atoms that make up the human body today are the same atoms that formed during the big bang
- the human brain could perform 38 thousand-trillion operations per second. The world’s most powerful super computer can only manage 0.002%
- your body produces 25 million new cells every second
- we are made up of 90% fungi and bacteria
This list, too, could go on, and on, and on.
Sometimes it’s hard to believe our bodies are, actually amazing. (Well that was the point I was trying to get across with the previous bits of information!) But, its a simple fact that we can easily forget.
We are constantly bombarded with all types of media that inform us that our bodies aren’t perfect unless we add something to them… or buy the product they are trying to sell us. Once we buy that product our lives and our bodies will be complete, supposedly. When the simple fact of the matter is that our body is amazing and complete just the way it is! Don’t believe me? Pay attention to the ads on tv next time, or check out the latest glossy magazine!
And, don’t worry about the media, we constantly bombard our bodies with stress – physical, mental and chemical – everyday! And still our bodies turn up to ‘work’ every single second of the day!
This stress that we are exposed to everyday results in interference to the optimal state of your body. As Chiropractor’s we check and adjust, if needed, to align the body with its optimal function, its inner awesomeness.
This month why not become aware of the awesomeness of your body? It is after all an underlying principle of Chiropractic.