These delicious rolls are a perfect for summer! This recipe is from Real Food Yogi’s book—The Joy of Real Food. Visit http://www.rowenajayne.com/ to grab your copy of the book!
Rice Paper/Cabbage/Lettuce rolls:
- 6 sheets rice paper/cabbage/lettuce leaves
- Hot water
- 2 cups wongbok cabbage or iceburg lettuce shredded
- 2 medium carrots (grated)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsps Braggs Aminos
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
Almond Curry Dipping Sauce:
- ¾ cup coconut milk *
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ large clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ginger root
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Braggs Aminos
- 1 teaspoon chives/shallots
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch black pepper
Blend ingredients in a RAW BLEND Vita-mix until smooth. Set aside.
Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms for 1 minute in hot water.
Strain and squeeze out excess juice.
Place in a bowl and add olive oil and Braggs. Mix through and leave aside while preparing other vegetables.
Shred all vegetables and herbs and mix together in a large bowl. Add shiitake mushrooms and mix through.
Steep a rice paper in hot water for 30 seconds until it softens. Place on a cutting board.
Place small amounts of each ingredient into the centre of the rice paper/cabbage/lettuce leaf and roll up.
Repeat until all ingredients are used. Serve with the dipping sauce.
* To make fresh coconut milk. Place ½ cup water with 1 cup dried coconut. Blend until smooth and strain through a nut milk bag.